Trumbull Art Gallery (originally Trumbull Art Guild) is a non-profit corporation created in 1957 by a group of dedicated art patrons and practicioners interested in the promotion of the visual arts and artists in our community. For many years, the organization existed without staff or headquarters, utilizing community buildings for yearly art exhibits.
In 1969, TAG moved into the Gillmer House on Mahoning Avenue in Warren, Ohio through the generosity of Mrs. Ralph (Marion Gillmer) Kroehle, and began for the first time to offer art classes, regular gallery exhibits and a gift shop. Mrs. Kroehle deeded the house to TAG in June of l978, and the lovely historic home bustled with art activities throughout the 1980’s and early 1990’s.
Unfortunantly with state and local funding on the decline through the late 1990’s, the board of directors made the difficult decision in 2002 to sell the house in order to concentrate TAG’s limited resources on art programming rather than the dual tasks of presenting art and keeping up a historic home. A generous offer to move into two storefront shops in the Robins Theatre Building in downtown Warren was made by Mr. Brad Phillips in July of 2003, and Trumbull Art Gallery re-opened its doors to the public at 196-198 East Market Street on December 7, 2003.
In June 2014 we relocated once again to a new and larger space perfectly situated for us on Historic Courthouse Square in downtown Warren, Ohio. With continued help from our friends, we are constantly updating and working on future renovations for your enjoyment . Please stop by and see our Gallery, Gift Shop or sign up for one of our up-coming classes.
“The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.”